UPONOR PEX REPIPING IN SOCAL
PEX Repiping in California
PEX Repiping, Need help choosing the right Repiping Contractor? Pipease Repipe & More can help with this stressful decision. Our expert plumbers have become certified by Wirsbo also known as Uponor to install their product. To learn more about Uponor and how their system works visit their website here. We give our customers a full unconditional 25 year warranty on all labor.
To Lean More…
Call us now 866-664-3273 or fill out this form Click Me
Request a Free Quote
What is PEX (Cross Linked Polyethylene)?
The definition of PEX directly from Google is:
PEX (or cross linked polyethylene) is part of a water supply piping system that has several advantages over metal pipe (copper, iron, lead) or rigid plastic pipe (PVC, CPVC, ABS) systems.
PEX has been used for over 50 years now. Cross-Linked Polyethylene was introduced in Europe, then after the economy progressed PEX was imported to the United States. Generally, Resulting in PEX becoming the better product for most repipe companies. PEX works because of the following:
- The Product is Much Cleaner and Easier to Install
- Faster to Install
- 50% Fewer Chances of Leaks Compared to Copper Type “L”
- PEX is 10 Times Quieter Than Copper Type “L”
- Dampens Water Hammering in the Water System
- PEX is Overall the Better Product
For more information visit this link
PEX Repipe Vs. Copper Repipe
- Resists corrosion, pitting and scaling
- Its flexibility helps prevent freeze damage
- Retains heat in hot-water lines; resists condensation on cold-water lines
- Dampens running water noise; eliminates water hammer singing pipes
- PEX cannot be dry-fit; it eliminates the possibility of future leaks
- The product eliminates the need for chemicals and torches that can harm the environment
- PEX is NSF certified for water purity
- Its Flexibility eliminates additional fittings and liability.
- PEX is manufactured since 1968.
- The Material is Manufactured in Apple Valley, Minnesota.
- Copper uses torch and lead based products for bonding
- Rigid Copper Type “L” may be prone to earthquake danger
- Pinhole leaks and pitting is a problem
- Copper is not compatible with freezing temperatures due to ice expanding
- Because of ice expanding, the pipe creates ripples and tears
- Running water noise may be an issue if the plumbing is in the attic
- Copper has lead in its structure
- Has a MUCH higher chance of leaks in joints
Health Concerns or Risks of A PEX Repipe
To begin, PEX is a safer product than any other “plastic” material. PEX Grade A is not like any other piping system in the market. The “Engel” method or as we know it Grade “A,” is becoming the popular option for the repiping industry. Uponor PEX is used in over 90% of our jobs, it is NSF approved and a BPA free product. PEX has been used in space stations, RV’s and most common house hold filtration systems. PEX can be found is use for an Ice Maker line or a Reverse Osmosis line. For more information visit www.venturacountyrepipe.com